A massive thank you to the wonderful Shirlaine Williams who sent in this recipe. Shirlaine is an inspiration. She has been on a journey to improve her health, attended cookery clubs and made incredible changes to the way she eats. She grows her own food, and cooks up amazing treats. This recipe is ideal for using up those ads and ends in the fridge – a bendy carrot, limp leek, squishy tomato? Just chuck it all in!
Feeds 4 – 5
- Handful broccoli florets chopped
- Half a cabbage chopped up not to small if you like large pieces
- 4/5 spring onions chopped
- 1 red or white onions chopped
- 3 Tomatoes chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- Seasonings as you like – Italian herbs, or smoked paprika and cumin and garlic powder – about 2 tsp of each
- 100g strong cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat your oven to 180°C or gas mark 4
- Add all the veg to a large wok or saucepan and add a bit of water.
- Add seasonings/flavours you want – try Italian mixed herbs and garlic or for a more smokey flavour add cumin and smoked paprika and garlic – about 2 teaspoons of each.
- Cook the veg through, stirring occasionally
- When the veg are tender, drain
- Spread out the veg in a large oven-proof dish and cover with grated cheese
- Bake till golden brown and a little crispy around the edges.
- Serve with wholemeal bread and enjoy a great meal with no waste!