All businesses, large or small, can get involved and help their staff become Sugar Smart. Pledges can be as simple as putting up posters or challenging colleagues to give up sugary drinks for a week, or you could use advertising posters to promote healthier food and drink in your canteen or vending machines.
You can find lots of ideas and resources on these webpages. Remember to tell us what pledges you are making, and let us know how we can help your business become Sugar Smart.
Here are some resources that could help you to put your pledges in place:
Inform your colleagues
- Posters for display around your workplace or near vending machines. 500ml sugary drinks poster and 330ml sugary drinks poster.
- App to scan food and drink products to find out how much sugar they contain – you can share this with colleagues. Download the Sugar Smart app.
Educate your staff
- Suggestions for four Sugar Smart challenges.
- Presentation on sugar and obesity in Greenwich – you could use this for a lunchtime event to discuss the problems with Sugar . Download presentation.
Change the environment
- Leaflet and how-to guide about how to put in place a sugar levy on sugar drinks – see also the Children’s Health fund
- Sugar Smart vending guidelines for use in making your vending sugar smart.